GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Friday, October 13, 2017

WHY IS IT THAT THE MILITANT ATHEIST DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE SOUND EVIDENCE?

WHY IS IT THAT THE MILITANT ATHEIST DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE SOUND EVIDENCE?

For more great blogs as this one go to Daniel’s blog site at:  www.Mannsword.blogspot.com 

Perhaps it is just a matter of will. They REFUSE to acknowledge the evidence, as many have confessed. Atheist comic artists Martin Rowson confessed:

       “If God proved he existed, I still wouldn’t believe in him… I don’t believe in God, not because I can’t but because I don’t want to.”

Philosopher Thomas Nagel is also transparent about this:

       “I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn’t just that I don’t believe in God and, naturally, hope that I’m right in my belief. It’s that I hope there is no God! I don’t want there to be a God; I don’t want the universe to be like that. My guess is that this cosmic authority problem is not a rare condition and that it is responsible for much of the scientism and reductionism of our time.”

It is worthy of note that Nagel has been censured by his atheistic comrades by speaking in favor of intelligent design.

Evolutionary biologist Richard Lewontin explained his commitment to materialism (the denial of any spiritual reality), even when it produces absurd explanations:

       “…a prior commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods… of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the… world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our… adherence to material causes to create… a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying.”

No amount of evidence can tip the scales in favor of God when the scales are prevented from moving. The late Australian philosopher John Smart revealed that he was unwilling to allow any evidence to interrupt his flight from God:

       “…someone who has naturalistic preconceptions will always in fact find some naturalistic explanation more plausible than a supernatural one… Suppose that I woke up in the night and saw the stars arranged in shapes that spelt out the Apostle’s Creed. I would know that astronomically it is impossible that stars should have changed their positions…I don’t know what I would think. Perhaps I would think that I was dreaming or that I had gone mad. What if everyone else seemed to me to be telling me that the same thing had happened? Then I might not only think that I had gone mad – I would probably go mad.” (All the above quotations: http://reasonsforjesus.com/90-atheist-quotes-every-christian-atheist-need-to-read/

Some will choose insanity in favor of God. This absurdity highlights one of Jesus’ teachings:
       No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. (John 6:44)

How can it be that people will choose hell over heaven? Jesus explained it this way:
       And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. (John 3:19-20)

Consequently, salvation is both a miracle and the grace of God.


THAT CHRISTIANITY IS EVIL?

I find it so frustrating to dialogue with secularists who deny that Christians are being degraded and marginalized in the West. It feels as if we occupy two different and non-paralleled universes, between which no possible bridge exists, no hope of agreement. This sense is further magnified when they claim that Christianity is an evil.

It was therefore refreshing for me to read New Atheist Sam Harris acknowledging what should be self-evident to everyone:

       “Our Christian neighbours… are right to be outraged by this pretense of even-handedness, because the truth is that Islam is quite a bit scarier and more culpable for needless human misery than Christianity has been for a very, very long time.”

Atheist philosopher Michael Ruse also acknowledged the pervasiveness of this false narrative that Christianity is a force for evil”:

       “…it is just plain silly and grotesquely immoral to claim that Christianity is simply a force for evil, as Richard [Dawkins] claims… ” http://reasonsforjesus.com/90-atheist-quotes-every-christian-atheist-need-to-read/

Although I am no fan of Bill Maher, I rejoiced to see the way he had totally outclassed the religious pluralist, Charlie Rose, who claimed that Christianity was just the same as Islam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLy7cJz_mY

More importantly, I rejoice that the persecution will only be temporary, and then it will surrender before God’s everlasting kingdom:
       “But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever, forever and ever.” (Daniel 7:18; ESV)





New York School of the Bible: http://www.nysb.nyc/

No comments:

Post a Comment