GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Saturday, July 14, 2018

UNDESERVED BLESSINGS

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
OUR DAILY BREAD DEVOTIONS
Undeserved Blessings
Read:  Habakkuk 3:17-19
God…has blessed us with every spiritual blessing
in the heavenly places in Christ.  Ephesians 1:3
Tennis superstar Arthur Ashe died of AIDS, which he contracted from a blood transfusion during heart surgery.  more than a great athlete, Ashe was a gentleman who inspired and encouraged many with his exemplary behavior on and off the court.
Ashe could have become embittered and self-pitying in the face of his disease, but he maintained a grateful attitude.  He explained, “If I asked, ‘Why me?’ about my troubles, I would have to ask, ‘Why me?’ about my blessings.  Why my winning Wimbledon?  Why my marrying a beautiful, gifted woman and having a wonderful child.“
Ashe’s attitude rebukes those of us who often grumble, “Why me?  Why is God allowing this to happen?”  Even if we’re suffering acutely, we must not forget the mercies God pours into our lives-such things as food, shelter, and friends-blessings that many are deprived of.
And what about spiritual blessings?  We can hold the very Word of God in our hands and read it.  We have the knowledge of His saving grace, the comfort of His Spirit, and the joyful assurance of life everlasting with Jesus.
Think about God’s blessings and ask, “Why me?”  Then your grumbling will give way to praise.                                                       VCG
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by. -Oatman
With unwanted burdens come undeserved blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment