GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Monday, August 27, 2018

COUNT IT ALL JOY

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
OUR DAILY BREAD DEVOTIONS
Count It All Joy
Read:  James 1:2-12
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been
approved, he will receive the crown of life.  James 1:12
A pastor placed this sign on his door:  “If you have problems, come in and tell me all about the.  If you don’t have any problems, come in and tell me how you avoid them.”
What do we do when problems come unannounced and with great intensity?  James told us to “count it all joy,” because trials do not happen without a reason.  He said, “The testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete” (James 1:3-4) Armed with this understanding, our prayer changes from asking God “why” to thanking Him for what He is doing.
Having endured many trials and facing a new struggle with cancer, Our Daily Bread author Joanie Yoder shard her thoughts in a letter:  “I have relinquished my destiny to God’s will.  Nothing, praise God, not even cancer, can thwart His will.  I may have cancer, but cancer doesn’t have me-God alone has me.  So in this light, I would value your prayers that Christ may be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.”
Trials are unavoidable and unpredictable, and they come in an unimaginable variety.  Knowing that our sovereign God will walk with us and use trials to deepen our maturity, we can count them “all joy.”   AL
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whatever befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well. -Crosby
We can endure trials in this life because of the joys
in the life to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment