GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Friday, June 14, 2019

NEVER ALONE

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

NEVER ALONE

READ:  Psalm 139:7-18

You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are
acquainted with all my ways.  Psalm 139:3

In today’s wold of inexpensive, high-tech spying devices total privacy has become a rare and precious thing.  A special agent for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation says, “Don’t assume that you are alone, not ever.”

Cameras are used to monitor people in public places like banks and shopping malls.  In addition, tiny wireless video cameras that sell for less than one hundred dollars are being used by ordinary people for less-than-honorable purposes.

It might seem odd, therefore, to hear someone celebrate a complete lack of privacy, until we realize that the One watching his every move was Almighty God.  After stating that God know each thought, word, and action before it happened, David said, “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it” (Psalm 139:6).

No place was beyond the presence, guidance, and protection of God (vv.7-10).  The deepest darkness became flooded with light because God was there (vv. 11-12).  From the womb to the tomb, every day of David’s life was known to his Creator (vv. 13-16).  And the number of times God thought about him could not be counted (vv. 17-18).

We are completely known and never alone in our relationship with God  What a comfort!     DCM

I never walk alone, Christ walks beside me,
He is the dearest Friend I’ve ever known;
With such a Friend to comfort and to guide me,
I never, no, I never walk alone.-Ackley

He is not alone who is alone with Jesus.  


No comments:

Post a Comment