GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Thursday, September 3, 2015

DO YOU HONOR GOD BY OBEYING HIS WORD?

Today's promise: Blessings come from applying God's Word
Do you honor God by obeying his Word?
Lord, I have not abandoned my job as a shepherd for your people. I have not urged you to send disaster. It is your message I have given them, not my own. Lord, do not desert me now! You alone are my hope in the day of disaster. Bring shame and terror on all who persecute me, but give me peace. Yes, bring double destruction upon them!
Jeremiah 17:16-18

How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.
Psalm 119:9 NLT


Simply obey
Jeremiah knew that he had been faithful to God's call to warn the people to repent — a message God's people didn't want to hear. They persecuted Jeremiah. The prophet could have defended himself, but he chose not to. He simply obeyed and waited for God to take whatever action he chose. This is the sort of behavior Paul was talking about when he said, "Never pay back evil for evil to anyone… Leave that to God. For it is written, 'I will take vengeance, I will repay those who deserve it,' says the Lord." (Romans 12:17,19).

When you face opposition regarding something that God has called you to do, don't take matters into your own hands. Simply continue to be faithful and trust God to handle things as he sees fit.
(Tyndale House) entry for July 16


Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House

No comments:

Post a Comment