GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Monday, January 28, 2019

THE POWER OF PRAYER

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

THE POWER OF PRAYER

READ:  Ephesians 6:10-18

The effective, reverent prayer of a righteous
man avails much.  James 5:16

While crossing the Atlantic on a ship many years ago, Bible teacher and author F.B. Meyer was asked to speak to the passengers.  An agnostic listened to Meyer’s message about answered prayer and told a friend, “I didn’t believe a word of it.”

Later that same day, the agnostic went to hear Meyer speak to another group of passengers.  But before he went to the meeting, he put two oranges in his pocket.  On his way, he passed an elderly woman who was fast asleep in her deck chair.  Her arms were outstretched and her hands were wide open, so as a joke he put the two oranges in her palms.  After the meeting, he saw the woman happily eating one of the pieces of fruit.

“You seem to be enjoying the orange,”  he remarked with a smile. “Yes, sir,”  she replied.  “My Father is very good to me.”  “What do you mean?” pressed the agnostic.  She explained, “I have been seasick for days.  I was asking God somehow to send me an orange.  I fell asleep while I was praying. When I awoke, I found He had sent me not only one but two oranges!”  The agnostic was amazed by the unexpected confirmation of Meyer’s talk on answered prayer.  Later, he put his trust in Christ.

Yes, God answers prayer!     HGB

For answered prayer we thank You, Lord,
We know You’re always there
To hear us when we call on You;
We’re grateful for Your care. -JDB

God always gives us what we ask-or something better.


No comments:

Post a Comment