GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Friday, January 18, 2019

TOO MUCH TO DO?

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

TOO MUCH TO DO?

READ:  Luke 10:38-42

One thing I have desired of the Lord,…that I may dwell
in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.  Psalm 27:4

I’m usually a happy person.  Most of the time I can take on as much work as anyone can give me.  But some days there just seems to be too much to do.  The schedule may be so full of meetings, appointments, and deadlines that there’s no room to breathe.  Life often contains too much work, parenting, home improvement, and other responsibilities for one person to handle.

When that happens to me-as it may happen to you-I have some options.  I can retreat into a shell of inactivity and leave everyone who is depending on me out in the cold.  I can slug my way through, moaning as I go and making everyone wish I had chosen option one.  Or I can get my perspective realigned by reminding myself what Jesus said to Martha (Luke 10:38-42).

Jesus told Martha that she had become “distracted with much serving” (v. 40).  He reminded her that her sister Mary had chosen the one thing that would never be taken away (v. 42).  Like many of us, Martha got so wrapped up in her service that she forgot the most important thing-fellowship with her Lord.

Are you overwhelmed?  Don’t lose sight of your priorities.  Spend time with the Lord.  He will lift your load and give you the right perspective.              DB

The many tasks we face each day
Can burden and oppress,
But spending time with God each day
Can bring relief from stress. -Sper

To keep your life in balance,, lean on the Lord. 



No comments:

Post a Comment