GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Sunday, February 24, 2019

HE'S NEVER GRUMPY

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

HE’S NEVER GRUMPY

READ:  Luke 11:5-10

Ask, and it will be given to you.  Luke 11:9

While driving my car the other day, I saw a sign that said, “Sometimes I wake up grumpy-but usually I let him sleep.”  It reminded me of the night my pregnant wife awakened me saying we had to get to the hospital because the baby was on the way.  Half-awake, I replied, “Let’s go back to sleep and take care of things in the morning. “  Then suddenly I realized what she had said, and I was up in a flash.

In Luke 11, a man who needed food for a guest went to a friend’s house at midnight and asked for three loaves of bread.  The awakened friend may have replied somewhat as I did.  After all, it was the middle of the night.  Yet he got up and provided the requested food (v.8).  I don’t think the man gave his friend what he wanted just because he wouldn’t go away.  Rather, he got up because he realized that this friend would not have had the boldness to wake him if he hadn’t been desperate.

The point is this:  If an earthly friend will overcome his reluctance to meet your need, will not your heavenly Father, who is never reluctant, do far more than that?  He never sleeps, He is never grumpy, and He wants the very best for you.  Therefore, do not hesitate to ask, seek, and knock (v.9).  He will always be there for you.     HVL

Pray on, then, child of God, pray on;
This is your duty and your task.
To God the answering belongs;
Yours is the simpler part-to ask. -Chisholm

God is never inconvenienced by our prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment