GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Sunday, February 24, 2019

WORRIER OR WARRIOR?

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

WORRIER OR WARRIOR?

READ:  Ephesians 3:14-21

[God] is able to do exceedingly abundantly above
all that we ask or think.  Ephesians 3:20

A missionary wrote a newsletter to thank his supporters for being “prayer warriors.”  Because of a typing error, though, he called them “prayer worriers.”  For some of us, that might be a good descriptions.

In his book Growing Your Soul, Neil Wiseman writes, “Prayer must be more than a kind of restatement of fretting worries or a mulling over of problems.  Our petitions must move beyond gloomy desperation, which deals mostly with calamity and despair.”

During an anxious time in my life, I became a “prayer worrier.”  I would beg, “Lord, please keep my neighbor from causing me problems tomorrow.”  or, “Father, don’t let that ornery person spread gossip about me.”

But then the Lord taught me to pray for people, rather than against them.  I began to say, “Lord, bless and encourage my neighbor, and help him to sense Your Love,”  Then I watched to see what God would do.  The Lord’s amazing answers not only helped others but also helped to cure my own anxiety!

Paul was no “prayer worrier.”  He prayed for God’s people that they might know the strength, love, and fullness of God, who is able to do far more than we can ask or even think (Ephesians 3:14-21).  Such confidence made Paul a true “prayer warrior.”  Are your prayers like that?   JY

As we resolve to live for Christ
In actions, words, and deeds,
We’ll yield our anxious hearts to Him
And pray for others’ needs. -Branon

Fervent prayer dispels anxious care.




No comments:

Post a Comment