GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Saturday, March 23, 2019

HE CAN BE TRUSTED

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

HE CAN BE TRUSTED

READ:  Psalm 84

O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who
trusts in You!  Psalm 84:12

I was sitting in my chair by the window, staring out through fir and spruce trees to the mountains beyond, lost in thought.  I looked down and saw a young fox, staring up at my face.  She was as still as a stone.

Days before I had seen her at the edge of the woods, looking nervously over her shoulder at me.  I went to the kitchen for an egg and rolled it toward the place I had last seen her.  Each day I put another egg on the lawn, and each day she ventured out of the trees just long enough to pick it up.  Then she would dart back into the woods.  

Now she had come on her own to my door to get an egg, convinced, I suppose, that I meant her no harm.

This incident reminded my wife of David’s invitation:  “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good” (Psalm 34:8)How do we start doing  that?  By taking in His Word.  As we read and reflect on His compassion and lovingkindness, we learn that He can be trusted (84:12).  We lose our dread of getting closer to Him.  Our fear becomes a healthy respect and honor of Him.

You may at times distrust God, as the fox was wary of me at first.  But give Him a chance to prove His love.  Read about Jesus in the Gospels.  Read the praises to God in the Psalms.  Taste and see that He is good!   DHR

O taste and see that God is good
To all that seek His face;
Yea, blest the man that trusts in Him,
Confiding in His grace. -Psalter

No one is beyond the reach of God’s love.





No comments:

Post a Comment