GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

LIVING WITH GRACE

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

LIVING WITH GRACE

READ:  1 Peter 5:5-11

Be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud,
but gives grace to the humble.”  1 Peter 5:5

Kevin Rogers, pastor of a church in Canada, has likened the grace of God to an imaginary secretary who compels him to treat other people as God does.  Rogers writes:  “Grace is my secretary, but she won’t let me obey my Day-Timer.  She lets the strangest people into my workspace to interrupt me.  Somehow she lets calls get through that I would prefer to leave for a more convenient time.  Doesn’t Grace know that I have an agenda?  Some days I wish that Grace weren’t here.  But Grace has an amazing way of covering my mistakes and turning the office into a holy place.  Grace finds good in everything, even failures.”

By God’s grace-His unmerited love and favor-we have been forgiven in Christ.  God tells us that instead of relating to others from a position of superiority, we must put others ahead of ourselves.  We should wear the clothes of humility because He “resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (1 Peter 5:5).

When “the God of all grace” (v. 10) controls our lives, He can transform interruptions into opportunities, mistakes into successes, pride into humility, and suffering into strength.  That’s the amazing power of God.  That’s the evidence of His grace!   DCM

THINKING IT THROUGH

How have you seen grace at work in your life lately?

In what areas of life do you see a need for grace?

To whom can you demonstrate God’s grace today?

When you know God’s grace, you’ll want

to show God’s grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment