GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Friday, April 5, 2019

MONEY AND TIME

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

MONEY AND TIME

READ:  Mark 12:13-17, 28-31

Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God
the things that are God’s.  Mark 12:17

During a trip to London, I visited the Bank of England Museum, then made my way to the Clockmakers’ Museum.  At some point, it struck me that both money and time have been very important commodities as far back as anyone can remember.  Yet they present one of the great dilemmas of life.  We trade our valuable time working for money, and then we spend our money to make the most of our time off.  We seldom possess the two with any degree of balance.

In contrast, our Lord never seemed perplexed by money or time.  When asked if it was lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, Jesus answered:  “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s” (Mark 12:17).  With great demands on His time, Jesus spent early mornings and late nights in prayer, seeking to know and do His Father’s will.

Hymn writer Frances Havergal wrote:

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my silver and my gold, 
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

We can properly balance time and money when we offer ourselves without reservation to God.   DCM

Spend time and money wisely-they both belong to God.



No comments:

Post a Comment