GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Friday, August 16, 2019

GOD SAID THAT

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

GOD SAID THAT

READ:  Psalm 23

You are with me; Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4

When my eight-year-old grandson Jacob visited me in the hospital, he came with his own custom-made “Get Well” card.  It was an 8 1/2” x 11” piece of stiff white paper folded in half.  One the front he had written, “Hope you feel better soon.”  On the inside, in large block letters, was this message:

I will be with you wherever you go.

There was no Scripture reference, so Jacob added these words:  “God said that.”  He wanted to be sure I didn’t expect him to be at my side during my entire hospital stay.

That added note conveyed an unintended and deeper truth that brought a smile to my face and comfort to my heart.  A hospital can be a lonely place.  It’s a world of unfamiliar faces, first-time medical procedures, and  uncertain diagnoses.  But it’s in just such a setting that God can quiet an anxious heart and give assurance that He’ll go with you down every hall, through every new door, into any unknown future-yes, even through “the valley of the shadow of death” (Psalm 23:4).

Maybe you have had an unexpected setback or loss.  Your future is unknown.  Trusting Jesus as your Davior and Lord, you can be sure of this:  He will go with you wherever you go.  You can believe it.  God said that!    DJD

Whenever I feel that Christ is near,
All cares and sorrows flee;
He is my strength, my hope, my life,
He’s all in all to me. -Lewis

No danger can come so near the Christian
that God is not nearer.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment