GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Sunday, August 11, 2019

OUR LIVING HOPE

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

OUR LIVING HOPE

READ:  John 6:39-54

God…has begotten us again to a living hope through the
resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.  1 Peter 1:3

The morning after my mother died, I was reading the Bible and talking to the Lord about my sadness.  The Bible-in-One-Year reading for that day was John 6.

When I came to verse 39, the Lord whispered comfort to my sad heart:  “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.”  Mom’s spirit was with the Lord already, but I knew that one day she would be raised and given a new body.

As I continued reading, I noticed three other times in John 6 that Jesus said He will raise His people from the dead at the last day.  He was repeating this truth to those who were listening long ago as well as to my heart that day.

Our hope of resurrection will be realized when Jesus returns.  “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.  For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:52).  After the resurrection, believers in Jesus will receive their new bodies and reward for their faithful service (1 Corinthians 3:12-15; 2 Corinthians 5:9-11).

The resurrection is the living hope of the Christian.  Do you have that hope?       AC

Jesus arose and conquered death;
He robbed it of its fear and power;
And one day He’ll return to earth,
Though we know not the day nor hour. -DJD

The rise Christ will come from heaven to take 
His own to heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment