GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Saturday, September 28, 2019

FLYLEAF WISDOM

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

FLYLEAF WISDOM

READ:  2 SAMEUL 12:1-23

He who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall
surround him.  Psalm 32:10

All right, Mary, I confess.  While I was a guest at your home in Manila, I used your Bible one day for my devotions.  When I opened it, I saw these words written on the flyleaf:  Acknowledgment.  Acceptance.  Adjustment.

Those words express the steps that believers in Christ need to take when they receive bad news.  I see these actions illustrated in the life of David.

Acknowledgement.  When David was confronted by Nathan about his sin, he admitted his guilt (2 Samuel 12:13).  When we are feared with a problem, whether it’s the result of our sin or not, it’s futile to run from the truth.

Acceptance.  When his infant son died as punishment for his sin with Bathsheba, David accepted it as God’s will (vv. 19-23) and learned from it.  We too need to see difficulties as opportunities to trust God and to grown spiritually (James 1:2-4).

Adjustment.  David turned to the Lord for forgiveness and help, and he later wrote about what he had learned (Psalm 32).  For us, we may need to ask the Lord for the ability to make a lifestyle change or to take some specific actions.


Have you been hit hard by bad news??  These steps from Mary’s Bible can help you to handle it in a way that will please the Lord and result in good.   DCE

Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear. -Berg


God takes us into HIs darkroom to develop or character.

No comments:

Post a Comment