GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Friday, April 24, 2020

DOES GOD LOVE ME?

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

DOES GOD LOVE ME?

READ:  Romans 5:6-11

We love Him because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19

It’s not easy to understand the depth of God’s love for us.  Because of our pride and fear, we fail to grasp how undeserving we are and how free His love is.

At times I struggle with pride, so I tend to believe that I have earned any love I receive.  Pride tell me that I am loved only when I am lovable, respectable, and worthy.

At other times I feel the tug of fear.  Deep down inside, I know that I don’t desire the love I get.  My motives are never pure, and I fear I will be rejected if they are exposed.  So even while I am basking in acceptance, I live with the fear of being unmasked, revealing that I am much less than what others think me to be.

When I consider my relationship with God, therefore, I tend to feel that His affection for me is based on my performance.  When I do well, He loves me; but if I foul up, then I expect only His scorn

Yet God does not love us because we deserve it.  He loves us in spite of what we are.  In 1 John 4:10 we read, “In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son.”  Because of what Jesus Christ has done for us, we know we are always loved by God.  That simple truth shatters our pride and dispels our fear.   HWR

Oh, such love, my soul, still ponder-
Love so great so rich, so free!
Say, while lost in holy wonder,
“Why, O Lord, such love to me?” -Kent

No one is beyond the reach of God’s love.



No comments:

Post a Comment