GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

Monday, March 2, 2020

TROUBLE WITH PEOPLE

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

365 DEVOTIONS FROM OUR DAILY BREAD

TROUBLE WITH PEOPLE

READ:  Psalm 56

In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?  Psalm 56:11

Was David paranoid?  Did he think the whole world was out to get him?  You might get that impression as you read through some of his psalms.  Look at a few of the statements he made:

“Strangers have risen up against me, and oppressors have sought after my life” (Psalm 54:3).

“There are many who fight against me” (56:2).

“They lie in wait for my life; the mighty gather against me” (59:3).

Of course, during this time David was being hotly pursued by Saul and his men, so it’s easy to see why he felt as he did.  Nonetheless, his observations about people may echo the way we feel on occasions when others criticize and oppose us.  Perhaps it’s those with whom  we work.  They seem to disagree with us no matter what we do or say.  Maybe it’s family members who apparently enjoy irritating us.  Or people at church who seem to be critical and faultfinding.  We just feel as if everyone is against us.

If this describes your situation, it’s time to do what David did  He declared, “In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?” (56:11).

When you have trouble with people, turn to God.   He understands.  DB

God is stronger than our strongest foe.



No comments:

Post a Comment